This is perfect for a Monday where you’re motivated in the morning, but completely unmotivated in the afternoon (which is me every Monday). I served it with leftover salad from the weekend and Rhodes popover rolls. Which according to Prue and Paul Hollywood probably overprooved a bit:
But they still tasted delicious! For the meatballs I cut down on dishes by mixing the meatballs in a bowl:
Rolling them and placing them in the slow cooker:
And then mixing the sauce in the same bowl:
And finally, pouring it over the meatballs:
I cooked the meatballs for about six hours on low and they were perfect!
Slow cooker turkey meatballs
For the turkey meatballs:
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp diced garlic cloves
- 1 large egg
For the sauce:
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp each of kosher salt and black peppers
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Mix together meatball ingredients until fully incorporated, but not overmixed or they will get dense.
- Place meatballs in a slow cooker (I sprayed mine with canola oil first).
- Mix all ingredients for sauce in bowl.
- Pour sauce over meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4, check that meatballs are fully cooked through.
Top with Parmesan and fresh basil and enjoy! A great meal to start out any week!