If you told me six months ago that I’d be able to run a 5k decently I would’ve laughed and laughed. In May after not being able to go into work for two months (in which I walked to teach my classes everyday I was at work), and just being in general homebound I started running with B twice a week. At first we ran for 2 minutes and walked for 2 minutes for 3.1 miles. We increased the run time every four times we ran, and kept the walk at 3 minutes. This week we did our last round of running 9 minutes, with walking 3 minutes, and hit our best time yet!
Now that it’s cold out, I have to switch up my running gear, especially since we almost froze running in our regular summer stuff this week. These are my current favorite running choices:
1. Brooks ear warmer headband. I don’t like wearing a full hat when we run, but this headband keeps my ears warm when it’s cold and windy out.
2. Zella zip up coat. Keeps out the cold and is moisture wicking so I don’t get overheated as well.
3. Athleta ultimate sports bra. My favorite, and I have them in multiple colors.
4. Athlete Momentum tank. I love that it stays in place when I run and there are lots of colors to choose from.
5. Adidas running shorts. I’ve worn leggings, but I really prefer shorts.
6. Nike socks. These have a good cushion without being too thin, and don’t slouch.
7. Adidas running shoes. I haven’t purchased a pair yet that I don’t like! They run pretty true to size, I buy a half size larger than my normal.
8. Supergoop daily moisturizer sunscreen. Whether it’s super hot, or cold and windy, I always wear sunscreen.
9. Fresh caramel lip balm. My lips get way chapped from breathing with my mouth open while we run, so this balm is perfect.