This is a really simple recipe that A and I whipped up this morning because he “wanted something CRAZY” for breakfast. So I made these smoothies that he ate along with some fruity pebble cereal. Crazy, indeed.
So here are your basic ingredients:
And you also need a blender. The most important thing to making this is to put the jelly or jam in first and blend it for a good 30 seconds to a minute because it will break down the jelly/jam so you won’t have chunks of it in the smoothie.
Then you just put in the rest of the ingredients and blend it up!
And while your at it you might want to get some for the kid yelling from the highchair:
And at our house we serve smoothies in Star Wars cups with neon green straws. How we roll, that is.
Smoothies. J approved. One toothy smile up!
- 1 sliced banana (the riper, the better)
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 3 oz container of yogurt (we used vanilla)
- ¼ cup of smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup of jelly or jam (we used apple jelly for one and seedless raspberry jam for another)
- Blend jelly (or jam) until broken down (about thirty seconds to a minute). Add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve immediately!