This is a recipe that you may think at first, what? fajitas with sweet potatoes? Trust me it is sooo good! I got this recipe from Real Simple magazine and it is also available on-line. It is really delicious, fairly simple, and makes great leftovers. It’s part of my continuing quest to get Super A to eat vegetables.
Steak Fajitas with Sweet Potato and Poblano
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 large sweet potato (about 12 ounces), peeled and cut into 1?4-inch pieces
* 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
* 1 small poblano pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
* kosher salt and black pepper
* 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo
* 8 small flour tortillas, warmed
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the sweet potato, onion, poblano, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat broiler. Season the steak with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and place on a broilerproof rimmed baking sheet.
4. Broil the steak for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
5. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and chipotles. Fill the tortillas with the steak, vegetables, and chipotle sour cream.
Here’s a picture of all the vegetables cooking…