Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies*
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- Zest of one large lemon
- Juice of one large lemon
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 3.4 oz vanilla pudding instant mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 11 oz bag of Ghiradelli white chocolate chips
- Cut butter into tablespoon slices and place in the bottom of the mixer. Set your egg out on the counter. Do this first then prep the rest of your ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla pudding. Set aside.
- Crack egg into a small cup and whisk with vanilla.
- On medium speed cream butter for about three minutes.
- Add sugars to butter and mix until light and fluffy about 3-4 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides and then add in the egg mixture. Mix until it resembles cottage cheese (so slightly lumpy, but well mixed).
- Add in lemon and lemon juice to butter mixture and mix until just blended.
- Add all of the flour mixture to the bowl. Mix just a little by hand (so it doesn’t puff out when you start the mixer), and then mix on low speed only until barely blended.
- Stir in white chocolate chips chocolate chips.
- Bake for nine minutes, then rotate the pan 180 degrees and bake for two additional minutes. Let cool on the pan for 3-4 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Will keep in an air tight container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
*Recipe based on Picky Palate’s white chocolate lemon pudding cookies.