One of the best self-care practices for me is getting my hair cut and colored every eight weeks. This has made a huge difference in me not only taking care of my hair, so I wanted to share some of the tools and products that my stylist uses and what I use at home to tame my rather unruly brows. You can find more from my hair stylist at her Instagram profile here.
The items she uses for me:
1. This is B and I’s all time favorite does it all styling creme.
3. My favorite hair spray that I stock up on.
4. Kerastase leave in spray. I wouldn’t use this everyday, but I’m seriously considering investing in it for the summer when my hair gets super dry. And speaking of investments….
5. The soft curl curling iron is definitely an investment, but it may be a replacement after my hot tools one dies completely.
And one of my other self care rituals is having my brows waxed every 5-8 weeks:
I seriously over plucked my brows in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. It has taken me years, YEARS to get them back to a normal state, and now, much like coloring my hair, I try to only do basic maintenance between getting them waxed to avoid going too far, ha!
1. The Hourglass is a bit of a pomade/pencil mix that works well for fill-ins.
2. Anastasia brow powder, my favorite for filling in the sparse areas at the front of my brows.
3. Sonia Kashuk brush, perfectly angled for the brow powder.
4. Anastasia brow gel for holding all brows in place.
5. And my favorite weekend brow gel, Benefit Gimme Brow.