2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup Dutch Process Special Dark Cocoa (I use the Hershey’s brand)
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 extra large dark chocolate bar chopped into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
3. On medium speed cream butter and sugars together (using a mixer) until smooth (about three minutes). Add eggs in one at a time. Add in vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
4. Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix until flour disappears. Stir in chocolate chunks. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoon fulls onto prepared baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
5. Bake cookies for 6 minutes, then turn the pan 180 degrees and cook an additional 2 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely. Store in an air tight container.