When I was a kid some of my favorite food memories are my Uncle Todd cooking flour tortillas on the grill with melted butter and rolling them up, wrapping the bottom of them with a paper towel and handing them out to my cousins and myself. Whatever my Uncle Todd cooks, he cooks a lot and it always tastes like the best comfort food. My Mom introduced me to this recipe, and it was an instant favorite. It starts with melting butter in a pan. Then coating the chicken tenders and placing them back in the pan:
Then sprinkle with Parmesan and butter:
And cook in the oven until crispy and tender:
Check out the full recipe below and how to make the sides:
Uncle Todd’s Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- 3 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 stick of salted butter divided
- 4-6 ounces Parmesan cheese shredded
- Three large eggs whisked in a shallow bowl
- Bread crumb mixture in a shallow bowl
- 1-2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1-2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1-2 tbs Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut up 1/2 stick of butter, place in a 9×13 (or slightly larger) baking pan, and melt in oven (just barely melted). Take out of oven (with potholders, it will be hot!) swirl in pan to coat bottom and place on trivet.
- Coat tenders individually in whisked eggs, and then coat in bread crumb mixture and place side by side in pan with melted butter.
- Use about 1/4 to 1/3 of the cheese and sprinkle over the top of the chicken.
- Cut remaining butter into cubes and place all over top of chicken.
- Cook for twenty minutes.
- Check temperature of the chicken (should be about 145-150) and sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the chicken.
- Cook for another 5-15 minutes until chicken is done. The higher the temperature of the chicken when you first check it, the less time it will take for the second cook.
Roasted potatoes and asparagus
- 1 bag of small potatoes (usually about a pound)
- 1 bunch of thin asparagus
- Preheat oven to broil (or 400 degrees if cooking in same oven)
- Cover a large cookie sheet with foil
- Slice potatoes in half & trim asparagus
- Toss potatoes in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place potatoes on the pan and cook for twenty minutes
- Toss asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Add asparagus to pan after twenty minutes and cook for another ten.