While my Dad had back surgery last week, my husband, A, and I watched my parents two dogs Sebastian and Paddington. Now Paddington used to be my dog, but he loves Sebastian too much to ever live with us. Sebastian on the other hand could live by himself happily (Ha!). Anyway, we had a great time watching the dogs and A especially enjoyed having the “das” as he calls them around. The spent the most of their two days together watching the cars out the window in A’s bedroom and Sebastian spent much of his time sleeping under A’s bed in his room. Here are some pictures from their weekend together!
I am not someone who can commit to one diaper bag, purse, etc. I carry different ones for different trips, or just to switch things up. However, I never liked having to move items from one bag to the next because I would inevitably forget something. After seeing the Pish Posh Mommy Organizer on Natalie’s Sentiments website, I thought it was the perfect answer to my diaper bag switching. I mulled over it for a few weeks and finally decided to get it. I am so happy with the purchase! It fits well in all my diaper bags and in the purse I got from Target to use as an occasional diaper bag. I picked the hot pink pattern with the brown interior and the zipper. I need some pink in my life, since I have a lot of blue :). It is super cute and functional! Here is a picture of my new organizer!
Oh and here is the purse I got from Target to go with my new organizer…
And here is a purse I wish I could get to use with my purse organizer…. (Ahh to dream!)
I don’t have much to blog about today…so here are some pictures of my husband and A and their matching baby blues (eyes and shirts 🙂 ).
Oh my baby is going to be one year in one month! I can’t believe how fast the time has flown by. We were sitting at the table the other night and I asked my husband, what were we doing at this time last year? And my husband replied in his very engineering way…waiting for the floor to be fixed in A’s room. Oh right…thanks for the reminder! Mainly because I was completely panicked at the time that we wouldn’t get the room finished and set-up before A arrived. Now I’m not sure what I was worried about. A didn’t even use that room until he was about two months old.
Now I am in the middle of work, crafting birthday decorations, and running around the house chasing after a hilarious and very fast eleven month old. Let’s just see what Super A is up to this month…
– A sits with his legs crossed on the floor (no doubt mimicking us…but it’s funny when they have little short legs).
– A is now down to three bottles a day, loves strawberry toast still, and could eat yogurt for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if we let him. He also loves crackers, and is amazingly good at taking bites of food.
– A is wearing size 18 months in most things at this point, so my fingers are crossed that my sale fall/winter items will fit in a few months.
– If you don’t pay attention to A at the table now he says “hey, hey, hey, HEY, HEY!” until he gets some sort of response.
– A is definitely a mimic. Everything we say he says back (or tries to say back), and this is his favorite game with Daddy.
– A loves to stand at the tub in our bathroom and turn the water on and off, and on and off, and on and off….
– A knows where his nose is and loves to show you where your nose is if you ask him.
– A is walking holding on to the couch, the walls, the cabinets, and he can pull up and stand on his own for a few seconds. We are waiting for him to take off soon.
– A twists his ear and his hair to calm himself.
– A now loves to talk to strangers and tries to get their attention (much to my chagrin) by waving leaning backwards out of carts, highchairs, and talking.
– A still loves taking baths and they have now become part of his nightly routine.
– A will sit quietly if you read to him, but he is getting tired of certain books that we read often. He will push them away or close them, or say i doh (which means i’m done).
– A loves to share his pacifier, his cheerioes, or his toys with anyone willing to take them.
– A loves “hide and seek” (or a more elaborate version of peek a boo) and I spend a good part of my day crawling around the couch and ottoman, as he crawls after me.
Favorite Memory of the Month: When we were at my sister’s house watching the Auburn game A started crawling across the floor nodding like a horse…and every time someone said “how do you do?” to him he would nod in their direction and keep crawling. It was hilarious…and I’m still disappointed I didn’t grab my camera to videotape it.
In a tiny town in the southeast corner of Alabama lives a little restaurant that I have had a love affair with since the year 2000. That was the year that I started college in Auburn Alabama (quick do the math…how old am I??, haha). Even though I transferred and then went back for graduate school and now live in a big city (HAHA), Auburn will always be very special to me as it is the place where I met my husband, got married, and had my first real job. One of the things I love about Auburn is that it is truly a college town. There is no big city surrounding it (Atlanta is two hours away), and so when you live and go to school there it is really all about the college and the town.
And with all small towns that means there are small restaurants that move away from the typical fair…Amsterdam Cafe is one of those restaurants. Indisputably my favorite restaurant in Auburn, I believe a good part of my pay check went to that restaurant for the years that I lived there. My husband and I visited the restaurant at least once to twice a week, often enough that many of the hostesses knew our preferences (booth, or outside…no high tables) when we entered the restaurant. While there are so many wonderful items on the menu (their specials are fabulous as well), I have to say my nostalgia meal will always be the turkey wraps. Every Auburn student and alum know what I’m talking about. These wraps cannot be recreated. With just a swirl of turkey, cream cheese, lettuce, monterey jack cheese surrounded by soft lavosh cracker bread and served with a side of honey mustard sauce they are perfectly proportioned and completely delicious.
I love these wraps so much, that as we prepared to leave Auburn (while I was seven months pregnant), I continually asked my husband…”but what will I do if I crave the turkey wraps? Will you come back to Auburn to get them?” Keep in mind traveling to Auburn from our new residence was no short trip. I actually considered stocking up…wondering if I could order a dozen or so and freeze them. In any case it just gives me an excuse to eventually come back to Auburn so I can have a turkey wrap with sweet potato chips and half of my husband’s sweet tea 🙂