Can it be that we are half-way to two? I am trying to remember what was going on at fifteen months! SO here is what A is up to these days….
– A is 25.4 lbs and about 34 1/2 inches long.
– He has six teeth! Four on top, two on bottom. His little toothy smile is so amazing to me considering I thought we might go quite awhile with no teeth!
– He has a muss of hair and it has grown so much I have considered getting it cut, but I can’t bear it! He already looks too much like a big boy.
– He is wearing size 18-24 month size clothes. He can still wear a few things from last summer which I was pretty excited about.
– He is in size 5 diapers, I thought we might be on the verge of potty training a few weeks ago, but no such luck. That would be pretty impressive!
– He loves, loves, LOVES The Little Einsteins. I’m not sure how he got so attached to this show, but it is the ONLY show he ever takes a real interest in watching. He even has favorite episodes that he asks for (Rocket Soup! Music Monsters!)
– He LOVES being outside. He would stay outside all day if he could, which is not so great for pollen season! I’m sure walks during the summer will be a must.
– He is still a good eater, if it is food he likes. For breakfast he loves blueberry waffles (waffle please, he says) and strawberries (dahberries). For lunch he usually eats a peanut butter jelly sandwich or a cheese quesadilla with green beans and ranch, and oranges or pears or apples. He likes pasta (all different types) and all different types of fruit. We are still working on vegetables and meats and milk. Oh and ketchup! He’ll try anything if you dip it in ketchup. Except carrots…carrots are a no go.
– His favorite activities are playing with play-doh (or play-yo as he calls it), reading, building with his mega blocks, throwing “beach balls” (he calls all balls larger than the size of a bouncy ball a beach ball), cooking in his kitchen, and working on his “fort”
– He basically repeats ANYTHING you say.I ‘m especially proud of his clear annunciation and pronunciation of different words and phrases and believe a lot of it is due to the amount of reading we do each day. A LOVES to read and we spend around 1 to 2 hours total reading each day. I constantly run out of books that we haven’t read over and over.
– He loves to sing and loves for us to sing his favorite songs. His Granna is teaching him twinkle twinkle little star on the piano, and he loves showing us that he knows where “high and low” are on the piano.