These are the boys favorite cookies. They are quick to make and a batch makes about 24 cookies, so it won’t over run you with baking time. I always hate how a cookie recipe says, “ready in only 8 minutes!”. Yeah that’s for one batch.
So for these you just need about twenty minutes of bake time and you’ve got lunchbox cookies for the week!
Lunchbox Mini M&M Cookies
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp of salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper.
2. With a mixer, whip butter on medium high speed for about a minute. Then add sugars and mix until smooth (about three minutes). Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the whole mix into the butter mixture and mix on low speed, just until it comes together.
4. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoon-fulls (I used a tablespoon size cookie scoop) onto prepared baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
5. Bake cookies for 8 minutes, and then turn the pan 180 degrees and cook an additional 2 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely. Store in an air tight container.