The little morsel represents why I love my boot camp instructors so much! Our instructor brought these as a treat for us and I may have left with the Tupperware of the leftovers. I had to share so I don’t lose the recipe, and can make them for the boys…because I ate the rest before I shared them. Ha!
2 tablespoons whole flaxseeds (or approximately 3 tablespoons ground)
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry or white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup organic sugar
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup sunbutter or a nut butter (peanut, almond, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 375. Gind flaxseeds and combine with water (or just combine already ground flaxseeds with water). Set aside.
2. Combine oats, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Stir in raisins and chocolate chips.
3. In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup and nut/sunbutter and mix until smooth. Combine nut butter mixture with flaxseed-water mixture.
4. Add we mixture to dry and stir well. The mixture will seem dry, but keep stirring until fully integrated.
5. Press the mixture into an 8X8 inch pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow pan to cool slightly, then cut into bars and transfer to a cooling rack.