One of the things that we get asked a lot about going to Disney, is it worth it to do all the work/planning ahead to go? And my answer is always yes. I’m a planner by nature, so I love checklists, charts, etc. so planning all of our days in advance is definitely something I enjoy. However, even if you are not a planner like me, you can still do just a bit of pre-trip organization to make your experience while you’re there much more enjoyable. Our favorite website to use for ride/event planning is WDWPrepSchool, and our favorite food planning site is DisneyFoodBlog. For every trip we go on I plan out a travel guide that includes our fast passes, dining places, and events. We sometimes follow it exactly, and other times we go off the path. For example, on our last trip we walked into Disney early on Saturday, so we ran to fantasyland and liberty square and walked on several rides we weren’t planning to go on. Another day, we were headed out of lunch in Frontierland and there was only a 25 minute wait at Splash Mountain so B and J went and rode it.
A couple of other items to note, as I’ve talked about in the past A doesn’t like big rides, so we actually divide up our magic bands, so J can ride them with either B or I. You can tell this in the set-up if there is a big ride, but it says N & A it is typically J & N. This is a good plan if you have one like ours, or a kiddo who’s not quite tall enough for the rides and one who is.
The last thing, is that I try to plan so we aren’t trekking back and forth across the park, you will log a lot of steps anyway, and backtracking with kids is not fun. Happy Disney trip planning!
- Arrive at Beach Club and drop off luggage
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Lunch: The Mara
- Pool at Beach Club
Tuesday- Magic Kingdom Day 1
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Jungle Cruise
- Dole Whip Snack Aloha Isle
- Pirate Adventure Kiosk
- Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
- Lunch: Pecos Bill
- Thunder Mountain 11:40-12:40 FP x 2 A &B
- Splash Mountain 12:35-1:35 FP x 2 J & N
- Tom Sawyer Island
- Haunted Mansion FP x 4 1:35-2:35
- Peter Pan FP x 4 2:40-3:40
- Finish pirate scavenger hunt
- Take Disney train
- Mermaid cupcake or Mickey cinnamon roll
- Dinner: Casey’s Corner
Wednesday- Epcot Day 2
- Frozen Ever After
- Explore World Showcase
- Test Track FP x 4 1:30-2:30
- Spaceship Earth FP x 4 3:00-4:00
- Living with the Land FP x 4 4:45-5:45
- The Seas
- Finding Nemo Ride
- Dinner: Coral Reef 6:50 p.m.
Thursday- Hollywood Studios Day 3
- Toy Story Mania FP x 4 9:45-10:45
- Lunch: ABC Commissary
- Rocking roller coaster 12:00-1:00 FP x 2 B & J
- March of the First Order 1:00
- Tower of Terror 12:40-1:40 FP x 2 N & A
- Star Tours x 2 FP 2:15-3:15 B & J
- Muppets 3 D
- Dinner: Via Napoli 7:05 p.m.
Friday-Animal Kingdom Day 4
- Wilderness Explorer Books
- Kilimanjaro Safari
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch
- Jungle Juice Slush @ Tambu Tambu- Snack
- Pretzel – Snack
- Gorilla Falls Trail
- Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ QS 11:00
- Kali River Rapids – FP x 4 12:25-1:25
- Dinosaur 1:50-2:50 FP x 2 B & J
- Navi River Journey 3:05-4:05 FP x 2 N & A
- Flight of Passage x 2 3:25-4:25 FP x 2 B & J
- Expedition Everest x 2 4:40-5:40 N & A
- Maharajah Jungle Trek
- Flights of Wonder
- Dinner: Yak and Yeti 6:15 p.m.
Saturday – Magic Kingdom Day 5
- Breakfast: Ohana 7:50 a.m.
- Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Prince Charming Carousel
- It’s a small world
- Meet Disney carnival characters
- Lunch: Be Our Guest 12:20 p.m.
- Seven Dwarves 1:05-2:05 FP x 2 B & J
- Little Mermaid 1:10-2:10 FP x 2 N & A
- Carousel of Progress
- Space Mountain 3:10-4:10 FP x 2 B & J
- Tomorrowland Speedway 2:30-3:30 FP x 2 N & A
- Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor
- Buzz Lightyear 4:35-5:35 FP x 4
- Dinner: Ohana 6:50 p.m.