I was supposed to make chicken chili last night, but felt that had gotten boring, so I made chicken enchilada soup instead. We made it grilled cheese style with cheese quesadilla slices on the side and topped with sour cream, cheese, and cilantro.
Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 2-3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1/2 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, cilantro
Combine all ingredients in stock pot. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Serve with cheesy quesadillas, and top with shredded cheese, sour cream, and cilantro.