Whether we are headed out on a road trip, or headed to a summer camp, or just hanging out these are some of my must have items. I opt for casual and comfort during the summer, so with a few exceptions I look for super soft tees, moisture wicking tanks, and shorts that can be pajamas or I could wear if I’m working around the house. The best thing is that most of these tops and shorts come in a wide variety of colors so you can pick a color scheme and then just mix and match everything.
1. A halter for date night, or lunch out, that can be paired with all three shorts.
2. A lightweight cotton sweater for when we’re at home or at a hotel and everyone is hot and I’m freezing.
3. My go to work-out/hiking/running errands tank.
4. Printed pajama shorts, I always pack at least two pairs of these, and they can also work as swim cover-ups, or early morning coffee/donut runs.
5. A scoop neck striped tee, that can be tucked in or worn out, or tied slightly on the side.
6. Printed scallop shorts in lightweight linen/cotton that work with all the tops.
7. My favorite v-neck tee of all time. Seriously. I have it in at least four colors, and I’ll buy more.
8. These shoes shouldn’t be as comfortable as they are for the price point, but I prefer them over my Converse.
9. My favorite flip-flop brand I’ve owned a pair of mine since college and still love them.
10. The athleta shorts that I wear to work-out, or run errands, or go to Disney or anywhere else super hot.
11. A lightweight dress that works with the sneakers or flip flops. I could wear it with wedges, but honestly that’s a lot of extra effort when the heat index is 105!