Perfect for a rainy (and chilly) day, the sweater brings a bit of brightness on a gloomy day, sturdy boots help to prevent slipping while walking to class, and a pencil skirt that is fitted, but with small slit in the back for movement ease. Pair it with your favorite rain coat and umbrella and you’re good to go.
Well, it’s officially Fall weather because everyone in our house is under the weather. Ugh! We are hoping for a quick turn around, and in the meantime we’ll be watching lots of movies, football, playing Fortnite, and picking up Mac and Cheese from Chik-Fil-A. I’ve been loading up my Sephora cart for the upcoming sale (already started for Rouge members, starts a Thursday for VIB and Beauty Insiders). Here’s a break down of some of my “Holy Grail” products:
All of these are ones I’m either out of completely, or there is less than half of the product left. These are also products I use almost every single day. So let’s get started!
1. I wouldn’t call this a moisturizer, it’s a lip treatment. I put it on immediately after I wash my face at night and then apply Kiehl’s lip balm right before bed. I’ve found this combination helps to prevent my lips being so intensely chapped all winter.
2. I didn’t think I’d ever find a moisturizer again after Sephora stopped carrying their original formula of my favorite. This one is going to seem really intense, but my skin is pretty dry, so it works. And no oiliness or breakouts, or fragrance.
3. B and I both use this styling creme, and our hair stylist said it’s getting discontinued….hence why I have five in my shopping cart right now.
4. This lip pencil is the perfect pink and it wears so well…I’m super conscious of my lip stick wearing off weirdly when I’m talking while teaching, and this one has never let me down.
5. Living Proof Full Volume Blast. If you don’t follow the directions on this, your hair will be sticky and unmanageable. However, if you follow the directions, your volume will last for days (if you use the Bobby pin bun technique I use to put my hair up at night….I feel like I need to do a tutorial because I keep telling people about it, ha!).
6. I’ve tried other hair sprays, I always go back to this one. Always.
It’s full on Fall here! Rainy days and falling leaves, and I’m loving the weight of my striped cardigan. The stripes add interest, while still keeping with the neutral theme. I also love that the colors of the cardigan means you can pair it with a variety of other neutrals. The point of the boot toe dresses up the outfit, and the camisole under the cardigan is perfectly paired!
It’s finally Fall! I wore out another pair of shoes this week, walking back and forth to teach is starting to wear down my shoe collection. Everything I’m wearing this week I’ve had for at least a year, so check the links for similar styles and/or colors.
This is my “it’s almost fall weather” wardrobe. Where the walk to class is hot, but the classroom is freezing. I’m running through shoes, I had to completely toss a pair that disintegrated while I was wearing them. I know it’s almost fall weather, when I give up my wedges for flats and then it’s finally boot season.Monday: Piperlime dress (similar), pink booties (similar), necklace (similar)
Victoria Beckham can really do no wrong in my fashion opinion, but there are some looks that are my absolute favorite. Her outfit at her most recent fashion show is in my absolute favorite category. Simple, structured, and a pop of bright cranberry color. Combined with an effortless bun and make-up that includes a brown smoky eye, light plum lip color, and a bright blush, it’s perfection. Check out how I recreated it below!
The Target Anniversary Collection dropped today! While a lot of it is selling out quickly there are still some items online and in store. I didn’t set an alarm for this collection, but I managed to pick up the few items that I had my eye on:
The Lilly Pulitzer clutch I found in store, and it would be great to carry on a date night, or to carry essentials in your purse.
The Altuzzara coat I ordered online, but also viewed in store. I like the weight and trench coat with a twist design. It was slightly wrinkled in store, so I’m hoping the one I ordered is less wrinkled, or easy to iron.
Finally, I grabbed this Philip Lim long sleeve shirt for B. A great basic and it comes in two colors. Perfect for fall!
The best part of the week was my sister and I showing up to school pick-up in coordinating outfits, down to our shoes:
Must be our sister brain!
It’s still blazingly hot here, so I’m trying my best to have work wear that looks both professional and isn’t stifling. Oh and that I can walk a half mile to class in.
I knew I wouldn’t have time to go to the store before a birthday party J is going to this weekend, so I found these fun items on Amazon:
It has good reviews on Target, and so I’m thinking about picking it up on my next Target run (or adding it to my next Target order).
We checked out a new coffee shop on Friday last week and I’m already thinking about when we will go back:
They had me at iced dirty chai latte. So good!
I also picked up a few Fall things at the Anthropologie sale:
My absolutely favorite wind down activity:
I’m currently watching Scandal as research for the Crisis Communication class I’m teaching and I am totally hooked. Don’t spoil it for me! I’m behind a couple of seasons. Also, as much as I use my iPad, I love a good print magazine. The current issue of InStyle, plus painting my nails (OPI Cajun Shrimp) is perfection.
And finally, how I recipe plan, screenshot from Destin Duchess for baked chicken dinner:
Unfortunately I’m not going out! Happy Thursday!