This is my last retrospective type post, then I promise to fast forward to now! Good thing one of my New Year’s resolutions is not to get things done on time…HA! So in perspective of the New Year here are Super A and my resolutions for the year.
1. Walk three times a week. I was really good about doing this when Super A was little, but in the past six months I have really slacked off. I want to work towards doing a couch to 5K program, but I do better when I start small. If I can actually get Super A and I out on a walk three times a week I would be doing great.
2. Do preschool type activities with Super A Monday through Friday. Last month I bought a framed cork board for the kitchen, and on Sunday we make up our schedule and I let Super A decorate it. Then I try to incorporate the activity of the day into different things we do.
Here’s our schedule for this week. I’ll try to keep up with posting the schedules!
3. Leave the television off until the afternoon. I thought it might be becoming a habit when Super A continually woke up in the morning demanding to watch a show. Now we have no television in the morning, one show for him in the afternoon, and then nothing else until Jeopardy comes on at 6. Super A is addicted to Jeopardy…it’s probably the need to have an abundant amount of useless information that I also strive for.
4. Attend church regularly and get Super A in Sunday School. Super A was very stranger shy for quite a long time and we got out of the habit of attending church because of it. My goal is to get him comfortable in a Sunday School class and us back in the mode of church.
5. Follow Beth Moore’s Siesta Scripture Memory Verse. Thanks to my friend Jennifer bringing this to my attention on her blog! I am excited to participate and I always do well when I have guidelines for something of this nature.
6. Potty Training, Pacifier, Big Boy Bed. These are my three big goals for Super A this year. I am hoping to get him potty trained, get rid of the pacifier, and get him into a big boy bed. This obviously is not happening immediately and obviously not all at the same time.
Super A’s New Year’s Resolutions:
1. To go to story time at the library once a week. Super A loves the library and hopes his Mommy will get him there even though it’s early.
2. To not hit, push, or bite. Super A is working hard on this one, and he repeats the phrase “no hit, no push, no bite” to himself often. He hopes to use his words not his actions by the end of the year (hahaha).
3. To try new foods. We actually ate zucchini at lunch today and I was quite impressed that he tried it. We work under the premise that it’s okay to not like it, but you need to at least try it to tell whether you like it or not.