This time of year, a glorious day can quickly become a turbulent storm, so we try to take advantage of every great warm day when we can.
Went to “the gym”, had lunch with Papa, took a walk, checked the garden….
And our shovel… (Yup still looks good)
Cooked hamburgers on the grill and had ice cream for dinner…
And pretty much by this morning…
We were still tired.
Our little munchkin is still sleeping in his crib for now, but as he is almost one and a half we have added a blanket and several “peeps”. “Peeps” is our term for the plethora of stuffed animals that fills his crib. His quick witted cousin coined the term for his own animals and it has stuck. Just clarifying in case you thought he was sleeping with those edible marshmallow chicks. HA!
Another one of our recent adds was a baby pillow.
My Mom handmade this pillow for our little mini cupcake, isn’t it adorable?! She makes them for each of the grandkids and they absolutely love them. She makes them small and flat, with double stitching, so they are perfect for a first pillow. She also makes the little pillowcases that go on them, this one matches our munchkin’s bedroom decor. In addition she double stitches the pillow cases, so there are no strings or threads. They are so sweet, and travel well too!
We are watching my parents’ dogs for a few days and our little mini cupcake was quite overjoyed at the prospect of having not one, but two dogs to watch. We are currently recovering from croup (him) and bronchitis (me), so there is a lot of coughing and sneezing going on at our house. Now instead of us watching the dogs, they have been following our mini cupcake around constantly. Paddington parks himself outside his room while he sleeps and is at his side constantly checking on him. Which our mini cupcake loves! He has been thrilled to have the doggies be at his side, and he is constantly trying to bring them interesting toys and sitting with them on the couch patting them.
Can it be that we are half-way to two? I am trying to remember what was going on at fifteen months! SO here is what A is up to these days….
– A is 25.4 lbs and about 34 1/2 inches long.
– He has six teeth! Four on top, two on bottom. His little toothy smile is so amazing to me considering I thought we might go quite awhile with no teeth!
– He has a muss of hair and it has grown so much I have considered getting it cut, but I can’t bear it! He already looks too much like a big boy.
– He is wearing size 18-24 month size clothes. He can still wear a few things from last summer which I was pretty excited about.
– He is in size 5 diapers, I thought we might be on the verge of potty training a few weeks ago, but no such luck. That would be pretty impressive!
– He loves, loves, LOVES The Little Einsteins. I’m not sure how he got so attached to this show, but it is the ONLY show he ever takes a real interest in watching. He even has favorite episodes that he asks for (Rocket Soup! Music Monsters!)
– He LOVES being outside. He would stay outside all day if he could, which is not so great for pollen season! I’m sure walks during the summer will be a must.
– He is still a good eater, if it is food he likes. For breakfast he loves blueberry waffles (waffle please, he says) and strawberries (dahberries). For lunch he usually eats a peanut butter jelly sandwich or a cheese quesadilla with green beans and ranch, and oranges or pears or apples. He likes pasta (all different types) and all different types of fruit. We are still working on vegetables and meats and milk. Oh and ketchup! He’ll try anything if you dip it in ketchup. Except carrots…carrots are a no go.
– His favorite activities are playing with play-doh (or play-yo as he calls it), reading, building with his mega blocks, throwing “beach balls” (he calls all balls larger than the size of a bouncy ball a beach ball), cooking in his kitchen, and working on his “fort”
– He basically repeats ANYTHING you say.I ‘m especially proud of his clear annunciation and pronunciation of different words and phrases and believe a lot of it is due to the amount of reading we do each day. A LOVES to read and we spend around 1 to 2 hours total reading each day. I constantly run out of books that we haven’t read over and over.
– He loves to sing and loves for us to sing his favorite songs. His Granna is teaching him twinkle twinkle little star on the piano, and he loves showing us that he knows where “high and low” are on the piano.