Late night TBall practice.
I’m posting pretty late tonight, it’s been a crazy week! Here are a few of my favorites…
1. Boredom. It’s a good thing.
2. The fruits and veggies of spring.
3. White jeans and blue.
4. Piping hot potatoes.
5. Useful house plants.
6. Organizing with ease.
Spring Break is coming to a close, and the boys are excitedly looking forward to Easter and all things Spring and Summer. I’m trying not to go into complete panic mode about all the things I have to do at the end of the semester and to prep for my summer online course.
1. Boredom, it’s a good thing.
2. The best uses for canned tomatoes.
3. Mini chicken pot pies.
4. Packing success!
5. A spacious and airy living room.
6. Khaki + jewel tones = lovely.
7. Summer red slides.
8. A quirky gazelle pot for J’s new little plant for his room.
9. How technology changes how we communicate with each other.
It’s the Friday before spring break! We’ve got painters coming tomorrow to paint three rooms, including J’s. I’ve got his room re-do almost all planned out, and it’s probably what I’ll spend a good part of the weekend working on after it’s painted. J is most excited to get to spend the night in A’s room on Friday.
Here are my two of my inspirations for the study and J’s room:
I’m ready for a week of not answering emails while I’m drying hair:
We’ve had yet another cold snap, so I brought in my tulips and daffodils:
Thanks a lot…Toby:
Finally, made this pork tenderloin on Wednesday and it was super tasty:
Afternoon spelling practice spot.
1. You can catch stress. We were just talking about this in my communication foundations course!
2. With the beginning of our yearly road trips in sight, I’ve picked up puzzles, a screen time free activity set, koala neck supporters, and lap desks for the road.
5. I love the clean scents from southern firefly.
6. Eyeshadow layering.
7. Pizza bread takes me back to one of my favorite college dinners.
9. Ideas to shake up my breakfast routine.
10. Flowering trees to look at from afar.
11. The benefits of weight training.
12. Classic ruffles for Spring.
Puppy tug o’ war.
1. Quick curl style.
2. Wall of maps.
3. Packing for a beach get away, which will be our first trip of the year.
4. I finally got up with the times and made a Bitmoji.
5. A final winter look.
6. Colorful flank steak salad.
7. Violet/gray eye shadow palette.
8. Row of cookbooks.
This kiddo’s fresh hair cut is definitely my favorite of the week.
1. A light filled corner with a savvy little nightstand.
2. The Kate Spade purse that I’ve got my eye on.
3. Picking out the best Sonia Kashuk brushes.
4. Simple, yet impactful make-up choices.
5. A verse for the boys.
6. Peeking into a garden greenhouse.
7. Cactus embroidery.
8. How to use up all those coffee filters you’ve got leftover.
9. All the baking terms you need to know to watch a The Great British Bake-off.
10. Gingham slide with just the right amount of heel.
11. The debate on jean washing.
12. Since our temps are about to dive again, I’ve got a new humidifier in my Amazon cart.
Whelp, it’s the end of February, so it’s only natural that it should be eighty degrees. I’m just praying that this warm snap isn’t followed by a cold snap that takes out my tulips growing in the front yard. The boys are busily being bug rescue rangers…which means I get lots of “look at this bug we saved!” while I sip my tea on the back porch. Which is kind of my favorite way to spend the afternoon.
1. Neutral paint palettes for the perfect backdrop.
2. A little DIY potted plant that requires no watering.
3. Maybe we can all be Olympic athletes? The ethics of this story was the subject of much debate in my classes this week.
4. A cozy hangout room.
5. My happy spring sandals!
6. Have you seen the new Sonia Kashuk brushes? On my way to Target…
7. What malls once were.
8. A historical novel that the director of The Black Panther, Ryan Coogler, said he’s reading. He also plays the Nintendo Switch, so my boys think he’s awesome.
9. Barre routines for at my non-boot camp days.
10. Winter to Spring transition pieces.
This was a week of Valentines, lots of grading, and still recovering from ear infections, and virus created coughs. I’m trying to stay in my mantra of enjoying each moment and taking each moment as it comes, but honestly, at this point, I’ve got spring fever. I just want it to be warm and be able to start planting my spring flowers. For now, I’m just going to cuddle up with my tea and imagine spring. Here are some of my favorites of the week!
1. The rules of buttoning a suit coat.
2. I got a gel manicure for the first time and I’m obsessed! Here’s how to remove it, when my nails outgrow the manicure.
3. The Last Mrs. Parrish, on my reading list, per my sister’s recommendation.
4. A week of meals.
5. Panko crusted lemon chicken.
6. At home work-outs in 30 minutes or less.
7. I love that this coat is stylish, but also looks as cozy as a bathrobe. A win-win in my opinion.
8. Buttery crab bread pudding.
9. A lovely trip to Paris.
10. Perfect Spring trench.
11. Easter table setting.
12. Audiobooks for A for spring/summer road trips.
I’m officially ready for winter to be over. A is sick for the second time in a week with a totally different virus. J was sick two weeks before that, and now I feel like I’m getting whatever A has (not flu, we visited the doctor to make sure). Between that, work, Birthday parties, and pinewood derby weekend, I just really want to hide under the covers and sleep the weekend away. Which is also why I’m just now posting my favorites for the week!
1. All the sweaters of the season, while it’s still cold.
2. Olympic garland.
3. The cutest little Valentine door hangers.
4. A cozy study with double bookshelves (B’s favorite).
5. Rainbow felt macaroons.
6. The best decorating rules.
7. Living room basics.
8. Amping up a classic pump.
Converse twinning with my favorite nine year old.
1. Weekend lover.
2. Prepping for a batastic birthday weekend.
3. Hold on to your crockpots.
4. Fantastic cabinet update.
5. DIY heart cookies.
6. Adding to my bookshelf.
7. My new Instagram (@favoritedisneydishes) dedicated to our favorite Disney foods.
8. Pinwheel homemade rolls.
9. Winter layers for a dreamy bedroom.
10. Super Bowl queso.
11. Japan in winter is magical.
12. Wear your heart on your sleeve…or your shirt!