I made this quick spin on our homemade mac and cheese for B and I the other night. It came together in under twenty minutes (you have to have already cooked pork to make it that quick!). If you’re wondering why I didn’t make it for the boys, they don’t like my homemade mac and cheese, they like the boxed kind.
Barbecue Pork Mac and Cheese
- 1 tbs flour
- 2 tbs butter
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups grated white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 box rotini pasta cooked to al dente
- 1 to 2 cups left over barbecue pork warmed (I microwaved it).
- Put rotini pasta on to cook.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour to butter and whisk. Cook for about one minute
- Add milk to butter and flour mixture and cook stirring until mixture has thickened (about five minutes)
- Add cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat
- Add drained and cooked pasta to cheese mixture
- Scoop into bowls and serve with pork on top!