Since I live in a house of boys, I work to carve little bits of spaces of my own. The space above my desk in our study, my side of the closet, and my nightstand area are all spaces that I am constantly adding more feminine touches, to make my own.
I found a mirror in our attic that I had used as a planning piece for our wedding decorations, and have wanted to put it by my nightstand. The other day I had a yearning to do some crafting that wouldn’t take up too much time:
I had the mirror, washi tape, and some picture hanging command strips (because yes, I keep all of those things on hand apparently).
A little time later (about five to ten minutes worth of a Sesame Street J and I were watching):And then when I was hanging it up I had the help of a lovely assistant:And only a few minutes after that:All done! Doesn’t it look fun? And so easy to change if I get bored with the tape pattern on it.
And finally here are a few things on my Mother’s Day request list that I’m hoping to get to finish up my nightstand:
1. A really likes to buy me jewelry, but I’ve been trying to direct him out of the plastic section of Target…so this is a good upgrade and a place that B could take him to.
2. This book has been on my list since it came out. I love looking through fashion inspiration books, and I love Rachel Zoe.
3. This little giraffe trinket dish has also been on my list for awhile, and I think I could safely store it on my jewelry box.
4. I always love new spring nail colors, and this pistachio colored Essie polish looks great.
5. I just ran out of my fresh lip balm, so I’m in desperate need of more….I’m a bit addicted to it!
6. And, I love the Lavanila line of rollerball fragrances, especially for layering scents. This coconut-vanilla one sounds like a great summer exchange for my go to lemon-vanilla scent.